How much does it cost to register?
It's free to register for 42k Your Way and go the distance for sick kids.
What and when is 42k Your Way
42k Your Way is a virtual marathon challenge you can do in your own time, in your own way, during the month of August.
Here are some of a few different ideas for how you could complete a marathon:
- Walk 1.35km each day for 31days
- Swim 42km with 28 laps of a 50-metre pool each day
- Split it between 4 bicycle rides of just over 10km each time
- Mix and match! You could swim 10km, walk 10km and cycle 22km over the month
- or ride your horse 42km over a number of days
The possibilities are endless, but with every step, hop, jump or stroke you'll be helping sick kids.
What do I do?
Go the distance for sick kids by registering and setting a fundraising target. Promote your support for the event online through social media and seek donations by sharing your page through your networks.
How many kilometres do I need to do?
42k Your Way is a 42km virtual marathon you can walk, run, jog, swim, skip or complete any way you like during the month of August. You can complete the full 42km in one day, one week or set a goal to do in your own time - you could even do 1.36km each day for 31 days - the choice is yours!
Can I complete my 42k in a team?
Yes absolutely, exercising with others is great motivation we just ask you to please ensure that you are following the Government's advice regarding COVID-19 which you can access here.
Otherwise why not challenge your friends virtually and complete your 42km at the same time in different locations and different ways. Or you could challenge your friends in your team to see who can complete it first in August or raise the highest amount.
You can create your team or join an existing team when you register!
How do I update and track my kilometres?
Any GPS enabled devices like fitness wristbands or watches will do the trick. We have linked up with Strava, Map my Fitness and Fitbit to automatically sync with your fundraising page and add to your kilometres each time you record an activity.
If you’re not already connected with these devices, you can always use your Smartphone and download Strava. Map my Fitness or Fitbit to get started.
Once installed and your account has been created with your preferred app, login to your 42K Your Way profile page and head to the 'My Fitness Activity' tab. Here you can now connect up to your preferred fitness app.
Click on the icon of the app you'd like to connect - this will ask you to login and authorise us to access your fitness account.
You're now connected!
When using your fitness app, remember to create a new activity through your app and stop when you're finished each time - this will ensure your kilometres are recorded onto your 42k Your Way page.
You can also manually add an activity through the 'My Fitness Activity' tab too.
My activity is not showing on my page. What do I do?
1. Ensure that your Fitbit, Map my Fitness or Strava app is synced with your 42k
Your Way account
2. Start and stop each activity from the app when you are doing your 42km
3. Allow 24 hours for your activity to appear on the dashboard.
If this is still not appearing you can manually add your km to your dashboard via the My Fitness Activity Tab. And from midnight on the 31 July we will wipe all training data so you will be starting from 0km on 1 August.
Can I complete my 42k on a treadmill or spin bike?
If you would prefer to hit the home gym (or actual gym if they are open) rather than the great outdoors that is fine!
Can I start tracking my 42k prior to 1 August?
Yes, you can log your training data and get used to the app however your km tracking will reset to 0 on 1 August 2020.
How do I update my fundraising goal?
Log into your 42k Your Way account and edit your profile to update your fundraising target.
Can I participate in 42k Your Way if I don’t live in Queensland?
Yes absolutely! Funds that you raise will benefit sick kids and their families through the Children's Hospital Foundation visit www.childrens.org.au to learn more about where your funds raised will go.
Can I walk, swim, cycle, run?
Yes, you can complete your 42k Your Way any way you like and even do a combination of all! If you want to challenge yourself further, you could set yourself an even higher goal suited to your ability if you wish!
Where does my donation go?
Every dollar raised will work wonders for sick and injured kids by funding vital research, new equipment and providing entertainment and support for children and their families in hospital. Visit the Children's Hospital Foundation website to find out more.
Will there be merchandise available?
There is no merchandise for sale however the first 150 people to raise over $300 will receive an exclusive 42k Your Way running singlet. We will be in touch to get your size (please note limited sizes available)
- Paul just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Brain Savers Group 6 just created a team in 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Heinrich just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- AMy just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Brain Savers Group 5 just created a team in 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Roberta just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Emma just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Katherine just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Dakota just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Raziye just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Mandy just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Brain Savers Group 4 just created a team in 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Gert just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Anonymous just donated $52.00
- Rebecca Hughes just donated $27.00
- Jessica Rupa just donated $28.08
- Jessica just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Kim just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Tanya just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way
- Karida just registered for 42K 'Step it' Your Way